The 2019 NBA All-Star Weekend is coming soon. In celebration of the event, Nike and Jordan Brand launch “Own The Game” a film tribute to basketball legends who’ve owned their game on and off the court. Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Russell Westbrook and more are celebrated in the new film, “Own The Game.”
Following the unveil of the 2019 Jordan Brand NBA All-Star uniform and footwear collections, Nike and Jordan Brand are inviting the community to get involved in the 2019 NBA All-Star Weekend in Charlotte from February 14 through February 17. Nike and Jordan Brand members can visit the Owners HQ inside Charlotte’s historic Mint Museum, which includes opportunities to:
• Trial silhouettes including the Nike Adapt BB and the WhyNotZer0.2 on the onsite basketball court
• Attend speaker sessions and workshops centered around creativity and entrepreneurship
• Browse the most popular shoes in Charlotte at the onsite SNKRS* pop-up shop
• Personalize the 2019 Jordan Brand NBA All-Star Edition Uniforms
• Create a custom ASW Snapchat lens
• Shop the full Nike and Jordan Brand 2019 NBA All-Star Collection, as well as graphic hyper local tees designed by young creatives from the Jordan Designers Program, powered by Wings
Fitting of an All-Star Weekend takeover, there’s much more happening all over the city during that same time, including:
product customization and trialing at House of Hoops by Footlocker
design workshops at Social Status
an exhibit of iconic basketball shoes at The Social Status House of DNA
speaker panels on workplace equality at The Female Quotient
In addition to the weekend’s headlining game, some of the country’s top high school teams will face off at Johnson C. Smith University on Thursday, February 14. The Patrick School (Elizabeth, New Jersey) will play against Cox Mill (Concord, North Carolina), and Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Virginia) will play against West Charlotte (Charlotte, North Carolina).
Plus, beginning February 14, the energy from All-Star Weekend is moving into the following cities across North America, featuring opportunities to:
Chicago: Watch the future of Chicago basketball at the CPS City Championship, test out the Nike Adapt BB and customize your jersey at Station 23 (32 South State Street).
Toronto: Test out the newest Jordan Brand and Nike silhouettes at the Jordan store (306 Yonge St., Toronto, ON M5B 1R4) and House of Hoops (247 Yonge St., Toronto, ON M5B 1N8)
New York City: Test out the Nike Adapt BB at Nike NYC (650 Fifth Avenue)
Los Angeles: Test out the Nike Adapt BB and attend an All-Star Game viewing party on Saturday, February 16 (620 S Broadway).