Nike is releasing its first apparel collection created specifically for yoga. The Nike Yoga Collection from Nike Training features pieces designed to offer ease of movement, versatility and support whether you’re mastering handstands or just doing it for the savasana.
Nike is focused on finding new ways to help athletes experience the benefits of yoga. That includes debuting a new collection of yoga workouts on the Nike Training Club app in January. The “Enhance Your Training with Yoga” Collection groups like workouts to help you accomplish specific performance goals (such as finding strength and stability, improving endurance and getting more flexible) so you can use yoga to take your training to the next level.
5 Reasons Every Athlete Should Add Yoga to Their Training Regimen, according to Ryan Flaherty, Senior Director of Performance at Nike:
- Yoga shifts the nervous system from a sympathetic (active) to a parasympathetic (resting) state, allowing you to eventually find calmness even during an intense workout.
- From improving coordination to bettering balance, yoga’s movement patterns can transfer to sharper skills on the court or field.
- Its low-impact poses boost blood flow and rapidly reduce recovery time, so your muscles can repair and rebuild more effectively than if you were to couch your recovery day.
- Typical yoga workouts fluidly move you through poses that increase your range of motion and flexibility — key athlete needs — better (and more fun) than simply stretching.
- Yoga teaches you the ability to control your pelvis, which is a key foundational component to high-performing athletes of any sport.
The Nike Yoga Collection from Nike Training will be available beginning January 2019 on nike.com and in stores globally.